Redoing 1997 Scamp 5th Wheel Deluxe

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flyboyscamp
Flyboyscamp's picture
Lifetime Member
Greg, you make magic happen

Greg, you make magic happen to Scamps! Love your work pal. So exciting to see the pics and what you do bringing beautiful life back to Scamps!

<p>Doug Allen 2016 Ford F-150 2018 Lance 1575</p>

ELongest
Lifetime Member
Hardware Exchange

After seeing Greg's hardware swap I decided to replace the gold hardware in my 2004 S-16 DX. 1 Screw per knob, 2 screws per pull, 5 screws per hinge (27 hinges) . Still working on the hinges but it is a really great update. In the process of replacing the hwd. I found that the PO must have removed the closet door. It only had 5 screws in the piano hinge on one side. I'm guessing it is suppose to have about 30 screws in it. I'm glad I found the missing screws before the closet door fell off.   Cathy is right, after about 100 screws you wonder if it is worth it, I will say it is, but I'm still screwing around with this project.

EDDIE

Earlene
Earlene's picture
Lifetime Member
It will be worth it

The finished look will be well worth it tho Eddie,and just think,spending all that time on that,will keep ya out of trouble and busy for a while lol

Launey and Earlene

Greg A
Greg A's picture
SOI-AdministratorLifetime Member
Eddies Hardware

Can't wait to see it. It does make a dramatic change in the trailer, but changing out the whole trailer does require some patience and a power screwdriver is a must if you don't want your hand to fall off.

Like Eddie I usually find some repairs along the way that probably would have never noticed till the door fell off. Good catch on the piano hinge.....

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Buying or Selling Molded FG Trailers:

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

Greg A
Greg A's picture
More work on the 19 Scamp

Finally have been able to have some time and nice weather to get back to work on the Scamp 19 project trailer.

When I first got it, there was no working onboard water system. City water was working, but under the pass bench was a loose freshwater tank, a burned out shurflo pump and nothing was hooked up. I finished the plumbing today of the new onboard water system and it is ready for wet testing now.

New Shurflo Revolution pump, all new braided 3/8 and 1/2 inch plumbing, new tank hold down straps, new filler port and hose.

I was able to install both the passenger and drivers side dinette rebuilt benches and cushions.

Rebuilt the furnace burn chamber with all new parts and gaskets and it's ready to test.

Countertops and table are all pulled and in the garage getting prepped for Giani Liquid Granite makeover. New satin nickel kitchen backsplashes are being glued to backer board.

All Bayonet base LED bulbs are now installed throughout. (Thanks, Marty)

New blackout curtains are in progress and hope to have them in shortly.

There's still a good bit of work ahead, but the vision for the trailer is starting to take shape and the light is visible at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping to complete the project in about 30 days and I'll put a trailer tour up when it's finished.....

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

Earlene
Earlene's picture
Lifetime Member
Looking good

Greg,looks like you have been busy there,it is looking very good,those cushions do look nice! 

Launey and Earlene

Flyboyscamp
Flyboyscamp's picture
Lifetime Member
Just bite the bullet and get

Just bite the bullet and get the Fiama F45 awning, its pricey but its worth the $ and will work much better than the Catalina. We got ours installed FREE at the factory. Its not hard to install but does require one more foot for installation. 

<p>Doug Allen 2016 Ford F-150 2018 Lance 1575</p>

Greg A
Greg A's picture
Curtains are almost done and going in

We use blackout curtain panels and a glue gun to make our new Scamp curtains. Been using the glue gun on curtains now for a decade and they hold up as well as sewing curtains but much simpler to do.

Just starting to see how the finished Scamp is going to come out.

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

Earlene
Earlene's picture
Lifetime Member
Gotta love those glue guns!

Those are looking good there ,looks like you might be on the finishing touches? Love the stained glass door window film also

Launey and Earlene

Greg A
Greg A's picture
Our Signature Stained Glass Entry Door

This is our second trailer with the Stained Glass Entry Door. We had some left over from the first one, so now there are two molded fiberglass travel trailers running around with this pattern. Note the privacy when the door is closed, eliminates the need for a door window curtain. 

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

Pages