To my other forum member friends- Recently we purchased a new 13' Scamp from the factory in March, 2021. The heater and water pumper were not working properly from Day 1. Scamp was extremely unhelpful in resolving the problem- saying that we should take the issues up with the manufacturers (if you purchased a new truck from Ford with a non-working heater would you not expect Ford to tell you to take the truck into a dealer and it would be taken care of?).
Not the case with Scamp. After going to several good RV repair techs the issues were taken care of to the tune of approx. $625 out of pocket. Scamp, after prolonged dithering, recently reimbursed us but refused to pay the entire cost. They would not even consider covering any of our time or travel expenses.
Other issues with the 2021 Scamp just off of the factory floor-
1. cabinet drawer face was not properly installed- screws sticking out and face panel loose
2. floor trim came off after a few days-finish nails used just barely long enough to get through trim
3. screen door is not square so does not close properly leaving a gap
4. heater face plate fell off- screws too small
5. vinyl flooring under table/bed neither cut correctly nor attached securely- vinyl is floppy
6. large closet door does not close properly- now held closed with duct tape
7. problem with battery not charging properly
8. storage area under front seats dirty with debris
9. plastic piece securing refrigerator door broke off after a few days- door held in place with duct tape
We wrote to the CEO of Scamp suggesting to him/her that we could have been some of their best salesmen. We have been taking it on the road and people come up and talk to us all the time about the Scamp. But with the experience we have had with the staff as well as the shoddy nature of some of the construction we can't speak very positively. If only Scamp had said from the beginning take it in, get it fixed, Scamp will cover all the costs.This is a brand new trailer! Is there no quality control in place before the Scamp leaves the factory?
By the way, we have never heard back from anyone at Scamp other than our salesman who apologized and hoped the issues would be resolved.