Sometimes in forums it is tough to locate past posts using search functions. We are going to attempt to maintain this index at the top as a growing table of contents by category to allow quick access to helpful past posts on maintenance items.
Cleaning and Waxing
- Cleaning and Waxing - Removing Chalking
- Cleaning Vinyl
- Cleaning the Scamp
- Restoring Scamp 13 Finish and Tongue - Bumper Paint
Converter Troubleshooting - Issues
Dumping Gray and Black Tanks - Sanitizing Fresh Water Tank
Front and Rear Window Replacement
Hot Water Heater
Roof Vent Replacement
Scamp Rivets and Snap Caps
- Axle - Jack stands while stored?
- Air Pressure - What pressure to keep Scamp tires?
- What to have with you - What tools and repair items do I want to carry while Scamping?
We have an 1985 13 with a wall a/c that needs to be replaced. It's in the bottom of the cabinet unit immediately to the left when you enter. It is riveted to the cabinet unit on all four sides. Has anyone replaced such a unit? What would we replace the rivets with? I don't know how to access the sides of the a/c unit, as the backs of the rivets seem inaccessible. Thanks for any help!
i would drill out the rivets and replace with a modern AC unit. Much more energy efficient and you could get higher BTU to cool faster.
1987 Scamp 16