jack and jack stands for 2019 16' Scamp

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
catdancing0531
catdancing0531's picture
jack and jack stands for 2019 16' Scamp

Hi all,

I have a 2019 16' Scamp.  It's been parked for a few months and I want to take the tires off to get them balanced and checked before I start traveling again in another month.  I'll need to jack up the Scamp and put it on stands for a couple of days.

Does anyone have recommendations for 1)  a jack, and 2) jack stands.

My tow vehicle is a 1998 Toyota Tacoma and the original jack that came with it barely lifts my truck high enough to change the tire.  So, I'm looking for a new jack that I can also use with the truck as well as the Scamp.

All ideas welcomed.  Thank you!

Cat

ac0gv
ac0gv's picture
Jacking a Scamp.

First step is to jack on the frame, not the axle. The jack stands should go on the frame just behind the axle and should also be used when stored just to reduce the weight on the axle. The jack in this picture is over kill for a Scamp but one that I had. It also should be turned 90 degrees, but on mine it hits that gray electrical conduit along the frame. I use a wooden block to get my jack to lift the tire off the ground. NEVER USE CONCRETE BLOCKS for jacking or support. If they break, they break without warning.

catdancing0531
catdancing0531's picture
jack and jack stands for 16' Scamp

Okay, thanks for that response.  Can you recommend a brand of jack, and a brand of jack stands?