Scamp Camp SW Christmas in Sedona- 2015 - 3rd Annual

56 posts / 0 new
Last post
Greg A
Greg A's picture
SOI-AdministratorLifetime Member
Memories Scamp Camp SW 2015

Attendee photos updated in post #43 above. Also, make sure you check out Jon's wonderful photos and write up from the event as well. Thanks, Jon

I think we survived all Mother Nature could throw at us this weekend at Scamp Camp SW. From 70 on Thursday with beautiful AZ sunshine, to rain all night Friday mixed with snow on Saturday morning, then back to 65 and sunshine on Sunday. The weather cleared up on Saturday in time for the trailer tours and the nighttime temps were pretty good with clear skies for the big Christmas celebration at Tlaquepaque. Everyone ran around lighting 6000 Luminary's and enjoying great bands from Salsa to the fabulous River of Life Choir. The Christmas lights and decorations are second to none and bring out a wonderful festive mood.

Beginning Sunset on the Red Rocks on the way to the Christmas Event

The mix of trailer brands and range of brand new trailers to beginning restoration trailers with everything in between made for some great trailer tours on Saturday. Once again, a great group of people attending and enduring some crazy Sedona winter weather, but I sure enjoyed meeting everyone and catching up with some good friends again this year. I'm quite convinced the Burrito Gal is just a fair weather Burrito vendor though. wink

So as we conclude another Scamp Camp SW we all must head for home:

Hope to see everyone in Quartzsite in February, and until then have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

On a sad note, Howard and Shirlee went touring in Jerome and Cottonwood on Friday and Howard was hit by a car when he was crossing at a crosswalk. Fortunately, Shirlee said Howard is going to be OK, and suffered a fracture in the orbital bone but everything else was bruising. They went to a motel and spent the weekend recovering then got underway home on Sunday. Our prayers are with Howard and Shirlee as he gets back on his feet and makes a full recovery. A very nice couple and we hope to see them back out in their Scamp in the future.

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Buying or Selling Molded FG Trailers:

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

Earlene
Earlene's picture
Lifetime Member
Had a great time

And certainly enjoyed meeting everyone from here on this site.Have you heard if Earl made it wherever he was heading to? We had a mess on 17 highway all the way to 40.but once we got to 40 it was pretty clear most of the way,didnt stay in Kingman as planned,I pulled in there and Launey gassed and the temps were going down to 24 tonight and it was starting to sleet,that pretty much changed our minds,so we headed on home.One land traffic and speeds of people going 35 and 40 on 17,we spent hours on that highway:-)....I did make it up the hill from the campground just fine,but Launey had me turn left at the stop sign and head up this road that was awful....it of course,was the wrong way,but had to keep going till found a place big enough to turn around.But the fun we had this weekend was worth all the hassle of getting back home,dont think anything we have ever owned is quite as dirty as the two things sitting out front tonight,waiting to be washed and cleaned in the morning! Thanks for everything again

Launey and Earlene

Earlene
Earlene's picture
Lifetime Member
Burrito gal

I think Greg is right about burrito gal being a fair weather gas,after hearing about her,I started peeking out the window each morning waiting for her to show up:-( Maybe next time weather will be more to her liking and we can try those burrito's I heard were so good

Launey and Earlene

Skych
Skych's picture
Great time!

Had a wonderful time meeting you all! And the cookies were delicious :) Will definitely stop by the Quartsite gathering for a little

Thanks!

Earlene
Earlene's picture
Lifetime Member
when we were leaving

It wasnt near as bad getting out as it became later but now we're back to sunny skies at least

Launey and Earlene

Pages