Scamp Camp 2014 - Feb 10th-15th - Sebring, FL

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
RFreed
RFreed's picture
Lifetime Member
Scamp Camp 2014 - Feb 10th-15th - Sebring, FL

Plan to join us early for the 16th annual gathering by making your reservation.

Call: 800-326-3521 make online reservations, then email or call Dick and Lynda Freed, the hosts, to report your information.

Even if you have to cancel you won’t lose all your money - the park withholds only one day’s fee.  The Freed’s email is:richfreed@aol.com - Phone number is: 814-449-9596

Highlands Hammock State Park is located at 5931 Hammock Rd, Sebring , FL 33872.

KJohnson
Lifetime Member
Hi!  Just checking out the

Hi!  Just checking out the new web site and letting you know Kevin and I will be camping at Highland Hammocks.  Arriving Sat. Feb. 8th, departing, Sat. Feb. 15th, site #120.  See you all in a couple of months.  We will arrive at Highland Wheel Estates the beginning of Jan. 2014.  Judy and Kevin

JDHaggerty
JDHaggerty's picture
Lifetime Member
Marilyn and I will be

Marilyn and I will be arriving Monday, departing Saturday, site 86. On the way down we'll be spending Saturday and Sunday night at Little Manatee River state park.

John/Dave and Marilyn Haggerty

2005 Scamp 16 standard side dinette

04 Dodge Dakota Quad cab 4.7

17 Dodge Durango 3.6

19 Ford Ranger Supercrew Ecoboost

Perry P
Perry P's picture
Lifetime Member
Details for new comers?

Hi Guys,

Where can I get info on the meeting and agenda?

Thanks,

Perry

Thanks!
Perry

RFreed
RFreed's picture
Lifetime Member
Scamp Camp 2014

We now have 33 trailers signed up for the rally.

Info about the rally will be posted here, and individually emailed to those who have signed up with me.  (see info on original post).

We still have a lot of planning to do, and will release information about the rally sometime in early January.

Thanks,

Dick and Lynda Freed, Hosts

Scamp Camp 2014

Live long and perspire!

Greg A
Greg A's picture
SOI-AdministratorLifetime Member
Rich Freed is the organizer

Rich Freed is the organizer for Scamp Camp 2014.

He has reported that they have 31 trailers booked already and it's still a good bit till February.

I'll email him and notify him that you are posting on this, I know he was hanging around some the other day.

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Buying or Selling Molded FG Trailers:

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

Perry P
Perry P's picture
Lifetime Member
As a new comer is is

As a new comer is is difficult to sign up when I have no concept as to whether we would like to attend.

How can we learn more.

Please forgive me if I am missing something.

Thanks!
Perry

Greg A
Greg A's picture
SOI-AdministratorLifetime Member
Hey Perry,

Hey Perry,

The best way to learn about the Scamp Camp is to go to the newsletter archives and in the Spring Edition each year is a featured write up on that years Scamp Camp.  Being a "Lifetime SOI Member" you have access to the newsletter archives all the way back to 1999.

SOI was formed at a chance meeting in 1999 at Highlands Hammock State Park and this led to the annual Scamp Camp that has gone on since then as one of the main events for SOI.  Being a "West Coaster" and not having reached retirement age yet, I personally have never attended the Florida gathering.  sad   As Dick said in his reply above more info will be coming in the months ahead.  In the meantime, the prior years newsletters will yield a wealth of information on the Scamp Camp, and maybe some members who have attended past Scamp Camps will chime in on their experiences here as well.  

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Buying or Selling Molded FG Trailers:

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

RFreed
RFreed's picture
Lifetime Member
Reply to Perry

Hi Perry

We do all kinds of things at Scamp Camp.  Some of them are: potluck dinners, games, campfires, trailer tours, crafts, technical talks, group picture, movie night, human sacrifice to the alligator gods, (not really -- just seeing if you were paying attention), and some other activities that are yet to be confirmed.  (the campgrounds provides a Wednesday night pot luck, coffee & breakfast rolls Thursday a.m., Thursday night Soup night, rangers at the park offer tram tours to areas of the park).  Hope this helps.

Dick & Lynda

Live long and perspire!

vdum
vdum's picture
We're Coming

We will be coming down to Florida from NC for our first Scamp Camp on Monday 2-10 and checking out on Friday 2-14. Apparently we made reservations just in time as we got site 130 and this was the last site available with electric.

We acquired our new to us 1989 Scamp 16 a couple of months ago and have been busy renovating.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Bill & Robin Thomas

mccownw
mccownw's picture
Lifetime Member
We would LOVE to join you. 

We would LOVE to join you.  Unfortunately, we will be in Burundi, Africa Jan 29-Mar 17.  Maybe next year!

Pages