Microwave in a 1995 16 ft

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
dhomuth
Microwave in a 1995 16 ft

When I lived in Walker, MN some 35 years ago, I used to drive by the factory in Backus weekly and recall saying to myself "some day I am going to get a Scamp."  Now that my wife is retiring the end of this year, we just last week bought a 1995 16 ft in astonishingly good condition.  So far we are delighted and intrigued with exploring it, and walking through the owner's manual.

We do have one query:  It would be nice to have a microwave installed.  It doesn't have one now.  But that brings up several questions:

* What are appropriate brands/models/sizes that owners use?

* They are most probably 110 volt, but are there others?

* It looks as though a small one could be installed above the stove, with a vent/hood to the outside through the window above the stove.  Is that something people have done?  Is there a readily available device with which to do that?  There doesn't seem to be another good location.

We can probably do without it entirely, but it would be convenient.

For the remainder of this year, we don't plan to haul it any long distance.  We may do some initial overnights in Oregon/Washington/Idaho through the coming Fall.  We do plan to do some longer trips next year, after her retirement.

ac0gv
ac0gv's picture
Microwave

I like to have a microwave to reheat grilled left overs when in a hurry.  Newer Scamps have a 110 outlet hidden in the top of a cupboard; I do not know about the older ones. I just picked up a $35 microwave at Walmart and it is now on its third summer. (I did need to remove the cupboard door.)