Hello, I just ordered a 2024 16' layout 4 Scamp and I'm excitedly doing research. I don't want to be redundant or bothersome with my questions, and I already see forums for some stuff I am researching (e.g. solar), so I will research there. For the other questions I have I would love any insight, ideas, and opinions. I really appreciate all of the help I have been receiving (Scamp Facebook group, Reddit Scamp group).
1. How much does the AC unit weigh? I have heard it's a bit overkill for such a small trailer. I know I need AC (I run hot even in winter), so I'm wondering if there are feasable alternatives.
2. What are the dimensions of the sink? I can't find the depth anywhere.
3. Is the front window cover/rock shield worth it? I'm leaning towards yes.
4. Has anyone riveted onto the rat fur (is there a better term Scamp folks use, haha?)? I'd like to add things like mesh pockets and hooks onto it.
5. Has anyone taken the cupboard doors off and used mesh netting? I saw it on a trailer video and cannot find it again.
6. Do the interior windows have a lip/ledge around them that some window covers could be put on with elastic? I'm in Alaska and we have so much summer light that I need to black out the windows.
I hope this is all in the appropriate place. Thank you in advance for any replies. :)