Fridge Help - 1984 Scamp

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
TheSpencerJM
Fridge Help - 1984 Scamp

HEy All,

My first post here. I just purchased a 1984 13 foot Scamp and I have a few questions about the fridge. 

1. Does the frisge make noise when it's on? I was able to start the pilot when running with propaen, and I can hear the flame burning, but I can't hear any noise coming from the fridge.

2. The instructions say to turn the knob to setting 4. I see the numbers, but can't find a dash or anything like that that let's you know which number you are on. Does turniung the knob all the way clockwise close it? If so, I could figure it out from there.

3. Last one! Does anyone know where the viewport is for the pilot? 

Thanks for your help and sorry for all the questions! 

Spencer

TheSpencerJM
I figured it out and got the

I figured it out and got the propane running the fridge.

When it cooled down, I tried plugging it into 110 to see if it would run off electric and keep it cool. Unfortunately when I woke this morning, it wasn't cold. I heard I might also need the battery hooked up when running the fridge on 110. Is this true?

Spencer

Spencer & Mary

Greg A
Greg A's picture
SOI-AdministratorLifetime Member
Fridge

Hey Spencer, and welcome to the clubhouse. Glad to see you got the propane operation figured out. Ours use to take overnight to cool before we'd leave for a trip.

The electrical side when plugged in comes through the one fuse in the box under the sink and does not need the battery to run the fridge. The fuse under the sink controls the 110v florescent light over the sink, the fridge, and any 110 outlets you have. If the fridge isn't working on electric it could be a variety of issues. Mine always worked better on propane and would run almost a month continuous on a single tank of propane, so I never switched over to electric even when we had utilities. Probably won't want to use it on 12v unless you have a very robust charge line, solar/generator and battery bank.

We had AC in our 13 as well, and I eventually put it over to 30a service and added a second breaker which the box had room for. This allowed me to segregate the AC on it's own breaker so the microwave didn't blow us up when the AC was running. It was a pretty simple mod.  wink

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Buying or Selling Molded FG Trailers:

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale