2000 16' Standard Window Replacement Questions

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
workthatwedo
2000 16' Standard Window Replacement Questions

Hello, I'm in the process of renovating our 'new' 16' standard, and I thought I would ask before trying to figure it out myself.  I've seen the Pellandent recommendation for replacement seals and such, but I'm unsure on what exactly I need to order.  Has anyone done this and saved their measurements/email invoices as far as how many feet of which items I'll need?  specifically which channels and beads.  I am planning on doing the large rear, two medium sides and two small sides.  I cleared the weep holes and there's still a non-trivial amount of leakage.  I will seal with butyl tape when I put it all back together.  I'd love to get this stuff ordered while I'm replacing the water-damaged rear deck.  Thanks in advance!

grant

workthatwedo
One year later...

Well, when I was in Scamp Mecca in November, I bought a set of replacement bead/glaze for the trailer. Now, I'm trying to get it in with absolutely no luck. Please send help! Has anyone found a trick to get the lip of the bead over the lip of the window? 

Greg A
Greg A's picture
SOI-AdministratorLifetime Member
Lockstrip

I have a feeling your encountering the dreaded Scamp Lockstrip.

https://scampowners.com/forums/installing-front-and-rear-windows

You need a special lockstrip tool, soapy water, and read up on it. I did it once on my 81 and swore I'd never do it again. My first window took over four hours, second one I got better and did it in about 1.5 hrs.

I'd highly recommend a glass shop that has lockstrip experience.

The side windows are very easy, pull, clean, butyl, reseat. Front and rear with the lockstrip not fun.

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Buying or Selling Molded FG Trailers:

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

workthatwedo
Ah, yes, I've avoided that

Ah, yes, I've avoided that particular horror, it's the side windows (although the rear on my 2000 is the same as the sides) that I'm not figuring out. Maybe the lockstrip tool would help me get the things in?  

Greg A
Greg A's picture
SOI-AdministratorLifetime Member
Windows

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with a side window that uses a bead/glaze setup. 

Could you post a picture of the window and the beading you're referring to?

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Buying or Selling Molded FG Trailers:

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

workthatwedo
Here’s one of the five

Here's one of the five, I've removed the old one and can't get the new one in

One has the rubber removed, the other has the new one, showing the 'track' or whatever that needs to lock in.