2013 13' Shower Question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
greener
2013 13' Shower Question

My shower won't drain. I am new to ScampWorld, so I might be missing something obvious. Is there a process to follow to allow gray water to drain out of the shower after use, or is it simply clogged? If clogged, is it safe to use a plunger? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

salukispeed
Sump pump

I presume yours is the same as our new one. there is a sump return pump mounted under the front. that moves the water from the shower drain sending the water to the rear gray tank. There is also a strainer mounted under the floor of the sump that hair and soap scum will clog easily. The cap just unscrews but can be snug. . usually does not need tools. clean the screen and check that the pump runs when the sump switch is turned on. Do not run it without the screen as it will foul the pump mechanism.  If the pump does not run when turned on  check the fuses in the panel. 

2019 Scamp 13 standard

ac0gv
ac0gv's picture
The filter

Oscarscrib
Oscarscrib's picture
Salukispeed is dead on. We

Salukispeed is dead on. We had the same issue...thought our pump was shot! crying  Figured out from this forum that we just need to get under the trailer and remove the filter, wash/rinse the "gunk" off, and replace.  Good as new!  Needs to be a semi-regular maintenance thing, and we found using a strap/wrench thingy was helpful.

Judy

gwhaile@comcast.net
gwhaile@comcast.net's picture
shower drain

just lay down in front with a pair of big pliers and take the drain cap off, clean it and replace, problem fixed.  Need to do this often.

gwhaile

Paul O.
If you use channel lock

If you use channel lock pliers, be careful so you do not damage the plastic cap. I'd first try by hand, using a rubber glove for good grip (friction). I have to do this every trip, pretty much.

-Paul
2004 Scamp 19 Deluxe,
2021 Tacoma, Double Cab, 6 cyl. 4WD
Colorado